Thursday 30 August 2012

A Word from Oswald

As I was flipping through my journal the other day, a few things stuck out at me. One of them was this quote from (I believe) Oswald Chambers. (I was reading "My Utmost for His Highest" at the time, and copied it out from time to time. I was also reading some Tozer but this quote sounds more like Chambers.)

The question of whether or not we reach a particular goal is of little importance and reaching it becomes merely an episode along the way. What we see as only the process of reaching a particular end, God sees as the goal itself. 
What is my vision of God's purpose for me? Whatever it may be, His purpose is for me to depend on Him and His power now... God's training is for now, not later... if we realize that moment-by-moment obedience is the goal, then each moment as it comes is precious.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment